Saturday, January 13, 2007

Threads of art

Why does creativity take so long! I don't know if a lot of other artists have this problem - but sometimes it just takes me so long to get going on my creative process. Even just phyically getting to my art desk is challenging! Like this morning I had to go through making granola, folding laundry, doing the dishes, talking on the phone, going outside and generally milling around before I made it to my desk! Lucky for me I did! So, today I did a little experimenting with paper mache paste and thread - coating the thread with the paste, gently laying it over my watercolor paper, letting it dry and then creating my piece over top of the thread and finally peeling it away to reveal fragile white lines. Loved it! Take a look.
The piece is called "Firefly Bath".









1 comment:

Sprout said...

katie! i love this painting so much! it's really nice. this is the other katie from the studio..friday night ballet...i love that little story about your dog too. so sweet. I'll miss you tomrrow since your class is cancled, see you after vaca is over!


georgia..the whole day through...comes as sweet & clear, as moonlight through the clouds.
♥,
katie