Thursday, March 29, 2007

Orchid Paintings

Hi everyone! Happy Spring!!! Yesterday I saw the first little crocuses blooming here in Vermont and out in my back yard my first bulb is coming up! I'm jealous of more southern places that are already in full bloom! But I know once it hits Vermont it's worth the wait!
So, while waiting for Spring to come I went to paint on the fifth floor green house of Dartmouth University where my aunt works. They have a beautiful collection of orchids which were all in bloom this week - my lucky day! So I painted a series of three orchid hat people. As usual these are done with ink pen, watercolor and the white swirles are a bit of acrylic. I really love how they turned out - enjoy and yahoo for Spring! - Katie



Orchid in a Blue Dress

Orchid Family

Orchid and a Little Friend

No comments: