Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Fox in the Big Woods - the process

Just finished this piece today, it's called "Fox in the Big Woods". I've posted pictures that I took throughout the process of creating it so you can see the steps I go through. They are a little mixed up, but maybe it's more fun to sort them out! I usually do a painting in one or two sittings - this one took about 6 hours to finish. It's a pretty good sized piece too. I like to work fast and always have. My Mom was always telling me to take more time with my pictures when I was little. Now I spend a lot of time working as an artist, but generally still like to work fast on my pieces. Somethings never change I guess!












4 comments:

Kelly Cook said...

Beautiful- just like your heart!

miss you Katiebird

xoxo
Kel

FurElise said...

Katina you amaze me! I love this peice and it was fun to go through the process with you... lets have an art day when i get back!

Unknown said...

I just saw this piece at Uncommon Grounds in Burlington --- it's simply beautiful in person. Really lovely show!

Sprout said...

katie, thank you so much for being so welcoming yesterday. I really enjoy your artwork & seeing it live..it was amazing. i really want to learn more from you. seeing this piece..wow..it's wonderful..
love ya..
katie