Saturday, April 28, 2007

Remembering Kansas

Just a fun little piece I did up yesterday. Went home to Kansas recently and I guess I was still thinking about it. I wanted something representative coming out of the womans big hat (the city of Wichita, KS does something similar with the tourism advertisment and it's always caught my eye). So I ended up putting the wicked witches stockings and high heeled shoes coming out the top - as if it's almost the same person bottom and top, yet not quite! I'm always so tired of the whole Wizard of Oz thing - espeically when people find out I'm from KS (they always have a cleaver "not so new" joke to tell me). Never-the-less even the wicked witch has found her way into my art! I also took the same piece and put two different overlays on top - both photos that I had taken in Kansas at some point or another. One is of the prairie and the other is of the big sky as sunset.





No comments: