Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Rest of My Life





Just wanted to share a bit of the rest of my life when I'm not painting or going to art shows.
I love to take pictures of flowers and beautiful colorful things. I really like how the Monarch and Echinacea (pictured below)turned out and am constantly inspired by the colors and brilliant shades of nature. Those colors are a big influence in my work.

Last week I canned seven jars of peaches and really enjoyed their color floating in the cooling water. Their shape is just amazing to me and the way they melt from yellow to orange to a dusting of red as you turn them in your hand is just so cool!

I also sold a little original piece out of my gallery this week and it's always a bit of an emotional time for me to see a piece leave. I put so much of my heart, soul and imagination into them - they are like my little children in a way. They come with me in the car to art shows, they hang in my home, they have an ever lasting presence in my life. It's hard to let them go. But I'm also glad to be able to create things that other people love as much as I do. It's quite an amazing experience.

Love my work -

Katie

1 comment:

Sprout said...

i love your photography! it's really good that bottom one is amazing, & the one above that is great also..ballet hands!